Thursday 8 September 2011

Happy Birthday Anita!!!!


Here is the Birthday Card I made for Anita I met Anita through crafting too:).




This is the gift I made for Anita. I do apologise I forgot to photo it before I added the feet and the plastic front so the pictures aren't the best, I am very pleased with the finished product, in fact I didn't want to give it away but I know it has gone to a loving home and I can pop and see it whenever I like :)

 
I used all of my Favourite embellishments on the Configurations box, in the picture below you can see a big Prima flower and can only just see a Tim Holtz pen nib, in the following hole you can see a teeny vase that I painted in Picket fence crackle paint and inked with Victorian velvet Distress ink. I added tint roses to the vase.


In the next hole is another Prima flower and some Prima bling!


In this hole I added a cotton spool cut with the Tim Holtz Die, I added thread and a pin and some beautiful scissors to remind us of our favourite craft shop Running With Scissors.


Next is a great big bloom which was inked with Victorian velvet and sprayed with glimmer mist, I added a teeny bottle filled with beads.


And a photo of the blingy Curio Knob with lots of bling dangling from it.


Nearly all of the supplies are from Running with Scissors and the papers are sold in RWS too, these were a gift from Tracey.

 Thank you they are devine. and I made sure I kept a cutting for me :)

I hope you like it and sorry I didn't get anymore pictures I think my lovely friend Tracey took some for me when we had to dismantle the box as a stray bit of glue jumped in it!

Nicki.XXX

4 comments:

mags21 said...

a beautiful present. Looks great here, but sooooo much better in "real life" simple beautiful nicki. Anita will treasure it for ever....see you soon.xxx

The Dolphin Inn said...

Well I know for a fact that Anita was utterly delighted with both her card and her box, in fact she says it is the bestest ever gift she has received, and damn right it is - totally and utterly gorgeous, you have excelled yourself hon, so many beautifully altered boxes and such attention to detail, I know how hard you have worked on it too. by the way, yes I do have some piccies, sorry I didnt realise you were blogging today, will forward them on to you, see you soon xxx

Anita Wells said...

Absolutely gorgeous and a wonderful surprise. I love, love, love it Nicki. I have some wonderful, talented and precious friends. xxxxxx

Tami B. said...

Hi Nikki, it's so nice to get a new blogging buddy. Thanks for leaving me the link to this post, I can see why it would be a favorite, the box is beautiful! I would have had a hard time parting with it too. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your creativity.